Monday, January 5, 2009

Most Recent Layout

This is the most recent layout I've done. It's my youngest daugter Madison when she was 5 1/2 months old. She's 3 1/2 how, so you can see that I am not a chronological scrapper by any means! I usually just look through a stack of pictures and whichever one gives me an idea first is the one I go with...

For this one, I kept it really simple. The paper I wanted to use was so beautiful that I didn't want to take away from that, but I also wanted the picture to be the main focus. In order to achieve that, I sanded the edges of the picture and inked them brown. I then matted it onto a neutral color of cardstock after I distressed the edges of it and inked them the same color brown. After that I added a flower, journaled around the picture and that was it! I purposefully didn't add a title because I just didn't think it needed one...

1 comment:

Peggy said...

This is lovely April!! I love the paper as well, and as usual, your Madison is looking adorable!! I especially like the journaling around the picture, I've been wanting to do that for ages now, but it just never seems right on my LO's. Still, looking at yours, it's definitely something I'll have to try.
xxx Peggy