Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Nap time!

One day when we were out running some errands, Madison was having a REALLY bad day. Like the photo mommy that I am, I had my camera with me and while she was in the middle of a fit, I took her picture. Nice of me, huh? ;)
Well, not long after I snapped the pic, she fell fast asleep and was soooo cute, I decided to take another picture of her, this time sleeping. As I was looking at the pictures, I realized what a cute scrapbook page it would make and decided to take one more shot of her when she woke up, now a happy girl! She's just so cute...

Supplies: October Afternoon Paper - Cotton Candy (polka dots); Cosmo Cricket Paper - Honey Pie (orange); We R Memory Keepers Paper - Grandma's Kitchen (blue); Making Memories Alpha Stickers - Chloe's Closet; Colorbox Chalk Ink - Chestnut Roan; Making Memories Sanding Block; Martha Stewart Clear Stamps - Hearts & Fowers (circles stamped on background); Thickers - Rootbeer Float; Making Memories Buttons; Fiskars Scallop Border Punch
*Based on the 10/1 sketch at Sketchy Thursdays

I really like how the page turned out, mostly because I actually used some stamps on it! I have so many stamps that I love, but I find myself only using them on cards, and I want use them on layouts more. I have a set by Martha Stewart called Hearts & Flowers that has different sizes of textured circles in it, so I took 2 of them out and just stamped randomly on the background paper for this page. I love the way it looks! Definitely something I'll do more of sometime soon. Have a great day! :)

5 comments:

Sue said...

Very cute page April!! It's a wonder what a nap can do... Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Great job with those stamps, and too funny b/c I have a page just like that!!! I set my page up a little differently, but the pictures are exactly the same--fit, sleep, happy! lol. Too cute.

Peggy said...

I love love love this LO! I love it for it's story, the sequence of the pics, the way it looks ... this is definitely one of my favorites of yours! This is true scrapbooking!
xxx Peggy

Bekah said...

what a great everyday moment to scrap!

heidi said...

Great job!!

Thanks for playing along with the Second Chance Challenge!

- Heidi, Sketchy Thursdays