Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cathy's 1st Layout!

Over the next few months, I'll be doing some albums for my sweet friend Cathy. She's married to Mark's brother Adam, who is a marine. He's deployed right now for a year and she's asked me to help her get some albums together for them before he comes home. I'm so honored and excited that she trusts me to do this for them, and I've been (im)patiently waiting for her pictures to arrive, lol...

I finally got them all yesterday and as soon as I saw this one, I knew it would be the first one I scrapped. I absolutely love it!! It has both of them, as well as their 4 adorable children in it and they all just look so loved and happy! It really has a wonderful feeling to it, you know?? :)

So, I took the picture and tried it against a few different colors and patterns of paper but in the end decided to stay really close to the nature colors that are in the background. That way, the family would stand out a little more. I think it worked great!! Here's how it looks...



When it came time to think of a title...the first one I thought of was Time. Since Adam's gone alot for his work, the time they have with him at home is really special, so I think it fits perfectly. ;)

Thanks so much for looking! Wait until you see some more pictures of this family...they're just gorgeous...

1 comment:

Peggy said...

So beautiful, you're right, there's so much love in that photo, and you did a great job highlighting that!
xxx Peggy