Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Sister

I've decided to share this layout that I did for my sister for Christmas. She's had a really rough couple of months and alot of days she seems really down. Well, on Thanksgiving, I got this picture of us and I loved how happy she looks in it. I wanted to make her something with it to remind her that I love her and that God is always with her. I think it worked because she really loved it and even teared up a little. ;)



I did alot of distressing/inking on this one because I really wanted each layer to stand out. I also sanded and inked the edges of the picture to soften it a bit. For the vellum, I used my scissors to rough up the edges, made some small tears, and then I inked the entire surface. Lastly, I inked the flowers a little bit and I was done! I think it all came together great...

No comments: