Friday, May 11, 2012

Our Little Tween

Hi friends! Thank you for all the congrats about my exciting news earlier! You guys totally rock. ;) I've been creating today and wanted to share my layout with you...






Supplies: Basic Grey What's Up Paper - Up And Away, First Flight, In Flight, Balloon Festival, Blue Skies; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain; AC/Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Roller Date Stamp; Fiskars Circle Punches - Large, Medium; Martha Stewart Large Circle Cutter; Basic Grey Chipboard Alphas; Jillibean Soup Corrugated Flower; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher; CK Cindy Computer Font

I am SO in love with this page, especially for the journaling. The first line says "The first time I saw this picture, it gave me a little shock." That is so true! It was the first time I saw Emily in a picture and realized how much she's changed lately. It's really crazy how fast these babies grow up isn't it?? Anyway, I journaled about a few things I remember from when she was younger and also about how I feel now that she's a "tween". When she got home from school and read the journaling, she really loved it, so mission accomplished! She loved the play on words in the title too, lol. :)

Thanks for stopping by! I've got some other projects in the works but you can't see them yet since they are DT assignments, yay! Keep an eye out and they'll be posted before you know it. ;) Have a great weekend and for all those mommies out there, Happy Mother's Day!!!

--------------------

I'm entering this layout in the following challenges...
Basic Grey - Flowers

Frosted Designs - Sketch #40
Basic Grey (NSD) - Use A Shape Other Than A Square/Rectangle
The Paper Variety - Handmade Flowers
Studio Calico (NSD) - Go Graphic (Circle)
Scrap It Girl - Flowers
Studio Calico - Use PP As Background
Scraptastic Club - Use Punches

13 comments:

Suzy said...

What an adorable layout! I love your title and journaling. That coral color is so pretty! Thanks for sharing your flowers at TPV :)
-Suzanne, TPV dt

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! I loveeeeeeeee the photo and the big circle!

Unknown said...

Great page! love the colours!

Laurie said...

awesome layout, your daughter is beautiful, I have a "tween" too, although at times it feels like she's 16 already...lol...thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

Theresa said...

fantastic layout April! LOVE your flower. thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Variety.

Unknown said...

I love the colors of patterned paper you used with your photo. It looks amazing! Thanks for joining us for our latest sketch challenge over at Frosted Designs.

Tenny Kusuma said...

Simply a beautiful page. Just gorgeous. Thank you for playing along with Frosted Designs Challenge. Tenny :D

Heather Landry said...

I really love this page. I have a pre-tween that thinks she's a tween. LOL I know what you mean about the fact that they grow up entirely too fast!

adele holcomb said...

Love the title treatment on top of the journaling block -- and what a nice photo!

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

Love your layout, April. The design and colors compliment the beautiful picture of your daughter. Also love how you incorporated the flower in there. Thanks for entering Scrap It Girl's May Flower Challenge.

Unknown said...

What a sweet layout! Love your journaling and the big flower! Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl!

Becky B. said...

Wonderful layout...and yes, it is amazing and scary (all at the same time - ha! ha!) how quickly our kiddos grow up! Thanks for joining Scrap-It-Girl's "May Flower" challenge. :)

Scrap It Girl, Kimberly said...

Love this layout.. super cute.. thanks for joining Scrap It girl~