Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Layout/Card Combo

In my scrapping group Scrappin-n-Chattin, we've started doing a new challenge each month, called the 24 Hour Challenge. Participates have collections (from 3 of their favs) and sketches (from 3 suggestions made by me, the hostess) chosen by others for them to use, and then they have 24 hours to create a page with them. It's very cool! The entire group voted on my collection/sketch choices and from them I created this page...


Supplies: Fancy Pants Paper - Crush; Computer Font - CK Jot; Doodlebug Cardstock Loopy Lou Alphabet Stickers - Bon Bon; Maya Road Chipboard Butterfly (as a template for the largest one); Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch; K&Company Pearls; Making Memories Sanding Block; DMC Floss; Craft Smart Ink - Chocolate Brown
*Inspired by Creative Scrappers Sketch #79

I love how it turned out! Very simple, so that my beautiful baby girl is the main focus. ;)

I decided to use the same papers to make a card for a friend of Emily's who just had a birthday...


Supplies: Fancy Pants Paper - Crush; Hero Arts Stamp; Colorbox Chalk Ink - Chestnut Roan; Fiskars Scallop Border Punch; Fiskars Circle Punches; Ribbon

I need to remember to do this more often. Making a quick card from your layout scraps is a great way to have less paper laying around and more cards to hand out. :)
Have an awesome day everyone!!

1 comment:

Stacy Kay Brais said...

Great idea, it drives me crazy to waste paper or have it laying around :) What a fun challenge!! Oh, a super cute page and card~Hugs!