Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Sunshine

I had to do a layout today that wasn't Project 365!! I guess I did so many in a row that it was driving me a little crazy, lol. ;) I decided to scrap a favorite picture of mine that I took of Madison last September. I just love the look on her face here...



I used my Basic Grey Urban Prairie papers again for this one. I really love how the greens match the picture so well!

To start, I cut a circle out of the patterned paper with a dinner plate and then inked the edges. Next, I cut a photo mat for the picture out of a white piece of cardstock and inked the surface to make it sort of blend with the color of the ground in the picture. I placed them both on the green cardstock and then added some matching flowers and a rub-on. I also cut a scalloped circle out of the patterned paper and placed it in the middle of the 2 flowers, which I think is a nice touch. :) I'm very happy with the results!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so pretty April ~ great idea using the dinner plate to make the circle! I love how you re-did your P365 layouts, they all look so awesome! Have a great week. Hugs, Marlene

Peggy said...

Those papers are gorgeous, your eye for colour is always spot-on! xxx Peggy